Saturday, December 5, 2009

There aren't ANY snow plows in Houston...

but we DID get some snow!!! Yesterday was the first time in a decade that Houston has seen snow! Of course it only lasted for a few hours and then we got COLD!!! I was at school when it all started and got to experience my students seeing snow for the first time in their lives!! Can you believe it! Ask me if we got any work done? Not really! The district also called a 1/2 day and we were all sent home! Mostly because no one knows how to drive in snow/icy conditions and they wanted to make sure that everyone make it home safely! Yesterday was dubbed a "Winter Blast" and Ad and I were cracking up because being from Idaho/Utah, these Houstonians don't know what a Winter Blast is!!!! Even though we're back up to the somewhat warmer temps. today I am SOOOOOOOOO EXXXCCCIIITTTEEEDDD to travel north 2 weeks from today!!!! We have had a fun week!


As I was writing this on my car, a bunch of the teachers were telling me to "don't ruin the snow!"


As you can see from the snow accumulation on my car it certainly was a blizzard down here! I was also dying at the tips the teachers were giving each other about how to get the snow off of their cars!


When we got home from Janet's, Caleb and I went out and took a little walk through the snow! We don't have ANY snow clothes for Caleb and actually, Janet let me borrow this coat for Caleb for when we go up North! She actually bought it for her grandson at a garage sale and he isn't big enough for it yet, so I get to use it!! She did the same thing for me last year, when she let us borrow a snow suit for Caleb to wear! It works out PERFECT because then I don't have to spend tons of money on things Caleb will only wear a few times!! SCORE!




Caleb did have fun walking around, but his pants and shoes were soaked and it started to get really chilly!




Sorry for the picture of the picture and the big flash spot, but I just had to share our experience with Santa today! As you can see I am in the picture with Caleb (that wasn't my original plan) and I don't feel that I need to expound on any story! You can probably guess what happened!
We LOVE Santa!

After the Santa Claus debacle...I'm wondering what Caleb is thinking right now!

4 comments:

kim west said...

Well crap...I was just packing my bags to escape this freezing hole....it seems no one is immune.

Kelley Gubler said...

that is hilarious!! it brings back such funny memories of "winter blasts". do you now understand why i struggled so freakin much when i moved to rexburg id in the middle of january????? i was one of those people j!!

Bailey said...

Jenna we have Koopers old coat snow pants and if you want to borrow anything over christmas let me know. They might be a little big. We can't wait to see you all.

The Faller's! said...

Hey J! How in the heck are you??? Caleb is so dang cute and so big. He looks just like Adam! Can you send me your address so I can send you a christmas card. Thanks. Just email it to me nataliefaller@yahoo.com
Hope all is well with you guys.