Monday, August 23, 2010

Back 2 School and a little more...

School started today...it didn't really feel like a first day! I think it's because I've already been back to work for a few weeks...the kiddos just fell into the routines so quickly which was fantastic and I feel that it's going to be a good year! I'm sure that I'll have a few stern moments, but what teacher doesn't! I am also the second grade team leader, which also means that I am going to be a lot busier this year! I decided to start off the year making some fun crafts (yeah, I said crafts) for the gals on my team! No, I don't do crafts all of the time and it was fun to do these for the girls!


I decided to make those fun clip boards that everyone has. I also made some flower pens with matching pots, and a board that we put outside our classrooms telling people where our class is at if we're not in the room.


A closer look at the pots and pens...


One of the clip boards...


These were so much fun to make! I just kind of winged it and this was the end result!


Oh yeah...I made the girls lanyards too...we always have to carry around our ID badges, keys, whistles etc. so I thought these would work! They're thin and can fit everything on them! I also only had to sew a straight line which was a bonus! (I'm definitely NOT a world class seamstress...a straight line was a stretch!)


When we were in Stanley, I found these fun postcards that would give advice from things in nature! I really liked the Advice from a Mountain card and felt that it applied to our team this year, so I bought all of the girls one and told them to put them in their classrooms!


A closer shot if you want to read it!


I has been SO HOT here in Houston! The humidity makes it feel so much worse so when we get home from wherever we are we all end up sitting around in as little as possible! For Caleb it's just been a diaper and a t-shirt. I put him down for a nap and went in to see if he was up and found a naked bum!
Caleb doesn't normally strip, but must've felt the need this day! He also loves to put his books on his bed to look at them...just his size!


Don't you just want to pinch that bum??


Adam and I also celebrated 7 years of marital bliss on the 15 of this month! We decided since we went on our big vacation, that that would be our big gift! We also bought each other some fun DVD's to add to our ever growing collection, the 1/2 doz assortment of cupcakes we LOVE, and Adam bought me flowers! I stole this pic from my brother's blog from Nikki's wedding! Adam and I can't believe it's been 7 years! It's only going to get better in all the years to come and we are truly best friends! Caleb has started to pick up on our term of endearment for each other and now calls Ad and I "Babe" when he wants to talk to us! We are so grateful for our little family and for one another! Here's to 7 years babe! Love ya!

3 comments:

kim west said...

oh a woman after my own heart. love all the crafts you did. love the bare bum. We don't start school until sept 2 but if it doesn't hurry and get here I am moving to texas so jordan can start or else something might happen to her....like I might lock her in her room and saw a little slot in her door to slide in her food.

Kelley Gubler said...

holy crafty j! here's a thought....when Caiden goes into second grade next year and the BRAND NEW school opens down the street from me, you move here to sunny, happy, no humidity Moses Lake and be his teacher...and my house is for sale and you can buy it too.

- said...

shes crafty! super cute clipboards I love'em! so back to school huh! you've got the cutest little fam love ya!