Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Little Home Improvement...

All the way back in March or April I was strolling through Target and found the CUTEST bedroom bedspread, sheets, accessories etc. for Caleb's room. It was a safari theme, which I never thought I would really like a safari theme for Caleb, but this one was too cute! Ad's parents came down the next month and we happened to stop at Target and I showed them how cute the set was and they helped us out with it so Caleb could have a new room. Anyway, I wanted to paint and do some fun things with the set and didn't quite know what to do, so I had my mom come down and help me out. I decided that I wanted his walls painted three different colors so that's exactly what we did! To add to the set, I also asked my mom to make a valance for his window and bedskirts. It all came together so AWESOME! This is the end result of everyone's help! I also wanted to redo his bathroom and found the monkey shower curtain at Target too. We had some paint left over and decided to paint his bathroom because it matched the colors! Now I know we live in an apartment, but we're not planning on moving anytime soon and we wanted our son to have his own room instead of a girly one!! He couldn't keep his hands off of the orange wall when it was first painted and this helped so we could move his toys in his room and he would have his own play space. We did some fun things with our living room as well, but I'll save that for another post. We are grateful to our parents for helping us out!!!! I know Caleb LOVES his new room!


This pic was from about a week ago...Caleb had pulled the wooden spoon from the drawer and was stirring everything in sight. This is him stirring the cat food...i washed the spoon when he was done!

Just a quick note...the room is so much cuter in person! The pictures don't do it justice!

A view looking in...


The new bedspread with window treatments!


The orange wall...the playmat is supposed to be on the floor, but I thought that it would look cute on the wall!


The blue wall with crib and decals...Caleb has already scratched off the green elephant! Now when I put him to bed, I have to pull his crib out a little bit otherwise, we'll hear the little sound of fingernails on the wall!


The green wall...we found the real animal pictures and frames from IKEA (I LOVE IKEA, but that's a whole other story)...


The blue and green wall together...again, the orange hanging net in the corner (IKEA) has Caleb's collection of obscure stuffed animals that he hasn't really played with yet!


Here is Caleb's new bathroom...my little monkey included!


Another blue wall with his decorative monkey towels


His bathroom isn't that big so we didn't want to get a lot of extra things to make it look smaller...this is a view from corner...you can see the green wall through the mirror!


Caleb enjoying his new room...with his favorite outfit on! You might notice that his hair is a little shorter than the very top picture! He again had his third haircut in like 5 months! It grows FAST!!!

7 comments:

Bailey said...

Oh Jenna it turned out to cute. I love his bathroom too. Kooper told me he wants a bathroom like that.

Annie, Beto and Sophia said...

This room is so cute! You did a great job. And, he still is getting cuter every day!

- said...

so cute! you did an awesome job. my girls room is such a modge podge of things! i love the animal theme

Kelley Gubler said...

well hello miss interior decorator!! very cute.

kim west said...

love love love it! I'm glad you aren't afraid of color....some people just stick to plain ole white and it drives me crazy...and yes, i too love ikea.

Unknown said...

Nice Stuff!

Unknown said...

Your son's room is looking really very cute and attractive. I really appreciate the way you paint the walls of your son's room. I am getting ready to renovate my son's room by changing the ceiling and painting the walls with colors matching in contrast with the ceiling color.