Monday, June 14, 2010

Rough Day...

Sunday...it's supposed to be a relaxing day...
We go to church, get a little more spiritually uplifted, come home to a delicious family dinner, watch a family movie (sunday appropriate of course)...
It all seems so easy, the one day of the week where everything runs so smoothly...sadly no, not this Sunday...and a lot are like this one! Sunday is the day where everything catches up with Caleb...this particular Sunday started out with a tremendous fit which required some serious time out time...Caleb then has to take a nap a little earlier since our church time is right in the middle of his normal nap time. Of course, then his nap isn't as long as it normally is...then we prep and primp for church, me thinking that everything is fine...we hit the doors to walk into the chapel and BAM...AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! (that's Caleb, not me!) imagine it more high pitched...I take Caleb into the hallway and we have a chat...he seems to understand, we go back in and make it through the meeting! By the time we go home, we have tears, tears, tears, whine, whine, whine, and a request for Sesame Street Alphabet Jungle along with blankie and WHEW! we made it! Thank you Alphabet Jungle!!! Of course I give in because it's educational television...
The pics i have posted here are post morning, pre church...you can tell just by looking at them the mood i was dealing with!!!


I do love dressing Caleb up for church...I have brought the faux hawk back for the time being...LOVING IT!!!


Good thing I didn't try and take that cup away...I don't even want to know what would've happened!




Even Elmo isn't cheering this kiddo up!!!



TODAY:

I'm going to write a Children's book for Caleb one day about a boy whose problems are always solved with a blankie and milk...I'm going to call it Captain Crankypants...it'll be about a boy who is always in a bad mood until he is given a blankie with milk. Look for it in bookstores over the next couple of years!!! Caleb isn't always in a bad mood...he actually is a very happy boy about 99 percent of the time, but he does have his moments...


Do you want to know what got Caleb to settle down at church on Sunday? I'll give you two guesses!!!

1 comments:

kim west said...

whatever. I think you are totally making it up. no boy that cute could act like that!!!! I would buy captain crankypants. can you make a girl version princess crankypants?