Sunday, December 12, 2010

This is why we take a nap!

We had quite the eventful weekend as we have been counting down the days to our holiday break (i am totally not bragging, but I am READY for the 2 1/2 weeks that I get off!!) This school year has gone by SO FAST and it is already hard to believe that we only have 18 weeks left of the school year!


Adam started our Saturday off with a yummy breakfast of beignets...he picked up the mix from Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans when he was there last weekend...I of course, have not been to New Orleans, but Ad and I would like to go (and hopefully will) soon! My momma used to make these for us all of the time (she's been to New Orleans a few times herself!) What YUMMY memories!


ANYWAY, we decided that it would be fun to go and get pics taken with santa...for those of you who know my boy well, you know that he is fearless when it comes to some things and a scaredy cat when it comes to others. Santa is something he is a little scared of! Now I want to start this off by saying that it was probably my fault that he threw the small fit...I gave him one of his trains that I found in my purse and he is so OCD or one track minded, the trains were his focus for the moment and he didn't want anything to do with seeing Santa...
BTW...I asked Santa for a My Little Pony which he gladly said he would see what he could do!!

Later Saturday afternoon, we actually went to get some family pics taken...when I get them, I'll post! I had everything planned out that after we got home from seeing Santa, that Caleb would go down for a nap and then wake refreshed for pics...
Of course, he didn't go to sleep until after 2 and we had to get ready and gone by 4 and so for a boy who usually takes a 3 hour nap, the 45 minutes just didn't do it for him! I'll just say that I have never taken pics so quickly in my life!! We just need one good one!!!


Our story continues today...church usually starts at 1 and I like to put Caleb down for a little cat nap in the morning which of course, he didn't nap this morning either so Ad and I prepared ourselves for an exciting day!
Caleb actually did fine at church announcing during sacrament that the bread was "DELICIOUS!" and had a great time during nursery...


It was cool enough outside that I got to put him in my favorite sweater!! It still fits from last year and I just LOVE it on him!
Fast forward to this afternoon after church and...


BAM!!! Caleb when you read this you should know that you NEVER fall asleep like this! EVER!! Adam and I were giggling at this pic because Caleb's head looks huge compared to adam's!! My sweet boy actually fell asleep while he was eating dinner, so Ad took him for a snuggle!


He was SO asleep we could talk and laugh and he didn't even budge!


I only let him sleep for 30 minutes then being the mean mom that I am, woke him up, made him take a shower and then put him in his real bed!

So Caleb, this is why we take a nap!!

1 comments:

Kelley Gubler said...

oh, j...those boxed beignets taste nothing like the original....go to new orleans (you're not that far) and go to the real cafe du monde. you will thank me.