Sunday, January 9, 2011

Holiday Break in the Heart of Texas!

We decided to stay home in ol Texas for Christmas this year...we missed our families, but really had a relaxing time being together with our little family! We started off Christmas Eve with a yummy dinner of Broccoli Soup in bread bowls, watched The Nativity Story and then it was Jammie Time!

A little Jammie Time Caleb pose!


Our attempt at a family jammie pic!


Santa Claus came to town...and boy was Caleb EXCITED on Christmas morning!


Neko joining in on our families festivities...he looks stoked!


Our little Colson Christmas!
P.S. YES the window is open behind the tree...it was NOT COLD AT ALL for Christmas and it was nice to have a little fresh air breeze blowing through the apartment!
It's pretty sad when I get adam a totally cute sweater for Christmas and he can't even wear it because it's still 70 degrees outside! TRUE but SAD STORY!


This was one of my favorite gifts from Santa! I think it explains Caleb to a T!!

Chirstmas Morning:

All Caleb kept saying is "Open it!" He wanted everything out and ready to play with! One of Caleb's New Year's Resolutions this year (along with talking in complete sentences and getting potty trained) is learning a little patience!


Caleb scored some awesome gifts from Santa, GMA and GPA and Nana and Papa...he is truly a spoiled boy!!
Ad and I spoiled each other as well!!! All I can say is NookColor!! Caleb and I have had a lot of fun reading stories together on it! Adam was really excited about his Star Wars presents and was equally excited when Caleb recognized and said Chewbacca!
The Padawan IS learning from the Jedi Master!


Open It!


Open It!


Now the playing begins!


Another score from Santa...i love outfit shots!


Caleb does not!



Adam's folks came down to visit us for the holidays...we took a mini vacation to San Antonio to see the lights on the riverwalk. We stayed the night and then woke up the next morning and drove to a German town called Fredricksburg which is between San Antonio and Austin...we ate some German food, walked through the fun shops and enjoyed the scenery through the hill country. It's really a sight to see if you've never been! We're hoping to spend a little more time in Austin soon...have I mentioned how much I like Austin? It is a really fun city!

No trip to San Antonio is complete without a visit to the Alamo...if you were questioning it before I will say it again...there is no basement in the Alamo. It is very different from Pee Wee's experience he had in Pee Wee's Big Adventure! I was hoping that Jan Hooks would be there to give us a tour ("repeat after me...Adobe...Adobe")...alas, she wasn't...this is for those of you in the know!


Caleb looking into a cannon...


"Hello in there!" were his exact words!




We had a lot of fun with Ad's parents! They gave us a lot of breaks, and gave us a chance to get out and see some movies! Caleb was on a constant high the entire time they were here! He definitely LOVES when we get visitors!!


We ate at a fun restaurant on the Riverwalk called Dick's...everyone that works there is supposed to be mean and sarcastic...it was kind of fun! By the end of your meal, they give you these hats with some saying on them...


It's funny cuz it's true!! PSYCHE!


A shot of the lights on the riverwalk!


I wish we had gotten some pics from Fredricksburg, but I left the camera in the car! I was totally bummed!!! It was a really cute town!


So Adam and I volunteered to go to an activity with the youth from our church...we were almost there, stopped at the light when we were rear ended. The gal hit us pretty hard...thankfully no one was hurt, except the Subaru! We were really excited to go too!!

Of course nothing happened to the gals car that hit us! She was in a jeep wrangler with the huge steel grate (i'm not sure if that's right!) on he front.


We will be in the rental for the next 2 weeks!


She said that she spilt coffee on herself, but I really didn't see any coffee stains on her clothes...again...we are grateful that no one was hurt and that her insurance is covering everything!


The Good Humor Ice Cream Man waiting for a ride to church...


Church starts at 9...it's an early morning!

We had a REALLY GREAT Holiday and hope that y'all did too! Here's to a safe and happy New Year!!!!

3 comments:

Bailey said...

I love San Antonio and I have heard Austin is amazing and the little German town sounds fun too. Mike and I need a Texas trip. We missed you all too. I have some books to lend you. No one will take me up on the offer to trade but I have read some good books lately.

Bailey said...

Oh ya and we need to skype sometime.

Shannon said...

Looks like you had a blast this Christmas! I love the rug in your living room, so cute! And I almost got Oliver those same adorable guitar jammies that you got Caleb. And I can't hear the word "Alamo" without thinking of Pee-Wee. They just don't make movies like that these days!