Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Holiday Vacation Fun!


Before we left...Caleb is breaking in his Dad's Christmas present!


Looks VERY comfortable!


Oh my goodness what a two weeks it has been! I feel that for a vacation that was supposed to be just incredibly relaxing, we were just sooooo busy! We had a lot of fun though traveling up north to Idaho and Utah to visit our families. Caleb got to play and meet a lot of new people and he traveled like a champ! I think that we wore him out, and personally, Adam and I are the ones who are completely worn out. It was hard to go back to work! Anyway, for those of you who don't know, we went and visited Ad's parents up in Stanley, Idaho (to the mountain home) and got to see their new log home for the first time! It is a really nice home and we had a lot of fun playing in the snow and just getting stuck in the mountains...there seriously were times when all the roads were closed to get out! Adam's parents actually ended up taking us to SLC where we got to play a little more with my family...not in the snow...but we did get to go to some movies, shop, and I got to have my hair modernized again from Nikki! We had a great time with our families and were sad to leave. We took a lot of pics and I am not going to post them all...these are just some highlights (I apologize for there being so many!) and I'll post more as I get them on the computer! We hope that you all have a Happy New Year!


Caleb's first adventure in the great outdoors...he didn't love it!


Dad saving him from the snow!


Family picture...classic


Dad and Uncle Jared playing in the snow...


Caleb looking pretty happy...he HATED that snow suit!


Christmas morning...Present time!


Caleb posing for his GapKids ad


This is called the stank eye...it's a new trick he's learned!


This is a view from the loft of the house...it looks pretty cozy down there!


Mom and Dad spending some time in Sun Valley!



Caleb and Great Grandma Parker, he looks too big here!


Some playtime with his cousin Chelsie


A winter wonderland view from the house!


That's a lot of snow y'all!


Frosty peeking in looking for some food!


Here are the Sawtooth mountains...the sun finally came out on the last day we were there so we could get some good pics


The mountain home

3 comments:

Steven said...

oh, my goodness, I'm jealous as can be. Stanley is my most favorite place EVER!! That's my dream set-up right there. My parents were there all summer being caretakers for the church cabins. Great to see you had such a magical Christmas. Hang in there getting back to work!

Kelley Gubler said...

cute modernized hair j! i need to do that. so are you telling me I would no longer find you with curlers in your hair randomly throughout the day??? j/k.
p.s. i love that you are saying "y'all". brings back memories...

- said...

what a beautiful home. Caleb is getting so much hair and its getting dark like mamas! hes so adorable! looks like you guys had a fun christmas. Is Nikki living in Utah now? Ive got the short hair now as well and its just so much easier! take care-Em