Sunday, March 8, 2009

Caleb Keith Turns 1!!!!!

I think Caleb knew that it was his birthday yesterday because he woke up in just the BEST mood and was so happy and excited ALL DAY (Adam doesn't know this, but when I got him out of bed, I shed a few tears...not of sadness-of just how fast time has gone by)!! It was a very busy birthday for Caleb with getting his 1 year old pics taken at the JCP (SO CUTE by the way!), grocery shopping, naps, eating, final prep for his party and of course THE PARTY!! He invited his Uncle Mike and Aunt Julie to come and BBQ some hamburgers and play...and we did just that! Even though it was a small gathering of friends and family, it turned out to be a pretty terrific 1st birthday for our boy Caleb! Enjoy all of the pics...there's a lot so have fun!
I tried to upload a video, but my computer doesn't want to do that today, so I'll try and see if it will work later!


The day before the BIG day...getting into some mischief!


The Birthday Elmo Face Cake...I DID IT! I can't believe it turned out and actually looks like Elmo...I'm giving myself a pat on the back!


The birthday spread...notice any themes here? Even though things are wrapped here, Caleb got some fun things for his Birthday including some books, an Elmo video, a Star Wars blankie, some clothes, Elmo Live, and some gift certificates for McDonalds to use when he goes with his babysitting friends at Janet's house!


Janet, Caleb's babysitter, gave him this for his birthday, it's so much fun! Caleb likes to push all the buttons that make lots of sounds. Caleb brought coloring books and cookies for all of his friends at Janet's house for his birthday!


I LOVE THIS PICTURE! Please tell me that that is not the cutest thing that you have EVER seen!!! This kid loves the camera!


Before we sang Happy Birthday, Caleb got his picture with the Elmo cake...


Caleb was not interested in eating his cake AT ALL...he played with it a lot though, smeared frosting all over the place and made a big mess!


Adam and I got Caleb Elmo Live for his birthday...we agree that Caleb is probably still a little young for him, but he is so much fun and went along with the theme!!


Going for the camera instead of Elmo!


Helping Julie open a present!


Mike and Julie got Caleb some fun blocks for his birthday...here they are playing. Caleb will actually try to stack them...smart boy!


Grandma made Caleb a Star Wars blankie for his birthday. Adam thought it was for him, but nope...now they're Star Wars TWINNERS!!


I had to take a pic of Ad sleeping with HIS Star Wars blankie too!


Caleb and Daddy getting ready to go to church today...Caleb is sporting his birthday outfit. AGAIN SO CUTE!


We are a HAPPY FAMILY!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday sweet Caleb!!! I can't believe how the time has flown by! Can't wait to see you next week, and read your new books!! Good job J on the cake! Love you all, Grandma D.

Kelley Gubler said...

How the heck did you make that cake? i'm very impressed...my kids will never have the joy of fun cakes like that, unless i buy one, of course...

kim west said...

happy birthday to my future son-in-law!

Bailey said...

Happy birthday Caleb! We can't wait to see you. I love that last picture, cute smile.

kate said...

happy birthday Caleb! wow... that year has gone by super fast. Looks like it was a fun party! Darling elmo cake!!

Annie, Beto and Sophia said...

Nice job Jenna! You did do it! Feels good doesn't it? My cousin, the perfect little mom! :)

Annie