Tuesday, July 21, 2009

1/2 Marathon, Bryce Canyon and Swimming Fun!

Caleb and I finally made it to Utah last Thursday after a LONG flight of delays! Caleb did an excellent job traveling and I thank my lucky stars for DVD players and ELMO!!! The next day after we got into SLC we took off and drove down to Cedar City to pick up my brother and his family and then we all continued onto Bryce Canyon for the 1/2 marathon! We had to get up really early on Saturday to get ready for it and got to the starting line at 6am...it was 50 degrees outside (which I was not used to) but it felt good to start off the run! The 11th mile was the one I struggled with a bit, but kept going and made it in about 2 1/2 hours which for my first marathon, was pretty good! My dad was my wingman and we ran together the whole time! We all were SO SORE (and still are) but it's starting to finally feel better! I'm looking forward to Houston's in January now...I'm glad I got to do this!!!


My Dad and me after the race!


The running crew...Mike and Nikki finished about 20 minutes before us, but our matching sweat bands looked awesome!!!


After the race we took a drive into Bryce Canyon National Park...it was beautiful!


Me and the canyon...Caleb was asleep in the car with GMA!


More Canyon...


My sleepy boy...traveling is TOUGH!!!




Nikki sneaking in a pic with my boy!










After a weekend of traveling, we decided that it was time to relax and took Caleb to the pool...he didn't know what to do at first but as soon as GPA got in, the fun began!!


A confused look...


GPA throwing Caleb in the air...he loved this and we FINALLY got some smiles and laughs!


WEEEEE!!!!


Drinking some pool water!


Caleb also got the swim dunk and I think he was worn out by this time!!! GMA was trying to get him to kick, but all he wanted to do was snuggle!


After getting HOT in the hot tub!! Caleb had a lot of fun!!

1 comments:

kim west said...

YOur crazy! A marathon! Seriously. That's nuts! I'm out of breath when I run and get the mail. Congrats THough! You should have come up to visit! We would have had soooo much fun!