Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Colson Family 4th Tradition!

We hope that you are all having a fun and exciting holiday weekend! Ours started off with Adam and I getting up early to run 10 miles! I am training for the Bryce Canyon 1/2 marathon in two weeks and Adam has been training along with me even though he's not going to be there to run it! We usually take Caleb with us but decided that since is was too hot outside he didn't need to be in the heat! We dropped him off at Janet's house and he got to play instead of get dehydrated! Janet spoils him so much and had picked up some toys for him to bring home to play with! I thought that Caleb might be a little clingy when I handed him over, but when he shut the door in my face, I figured he would be okay!!! After the run and a good shower we prepared our 4th of July feast...took a well needed nap...and then celebrated our independence by watching Joe Dirt! It just seemed appropriate! Adam also went and bought some kid friendly fireworks and we had a little show before Caleb had to go to bed! What FUN!!! We love spending time together as a small family and had a great 4th!


Pretty much all fireworks were banned because we're in a drought down here so Ad stuck with the Texas Loud Texas Proud Outlaw Kid firework variety pack! Caleb loved the snakes and sparklers! We looked for some Whosker Do's and Whosker Don'ts along with some Kitty Chasers but they didn't have any!


Why do I have a picture of Joe Dirt on my blog...I don't know...


Caleb really wasn't scared of the fireworks, so maybe he's scared of the camera here?!?


Adam showing his pyrotechnic abilities!


WOO HOO!


The Outlaw Kid did NOT disappoint!


Adam ended the show with a sparkler dance!

TODAY:

Caleb's 4th of July outfit...didn't seem to want to smile for the camera!


Caleb looks like he's 3 in this picture...Kooper watch out!


Snuggle bug with dad...


Not in a picture mood today...Happy 4th of July!!!

Earlier This Week:
I wanted to document for Caleb his Love affair with Elmo and all of the Sesame Street gang...this is what happens when I put Sesame Street on. NOTE: he ONLY does this for Elmo!


If you look closely, Caleb is holding onto a corner of his blanket...this is for sucking on! He ALWAYS has a corner of a blankie in his mouth! Better than a binkie I say!




What is it about Elmo that gets kids to do this??? His red body and high voice must be hypnotizing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

he is so cute!

Breanna Penrod said...

anonymous is courtney :)

Anonymous said...

manna from heaven is my friend sorry