Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy Father's Day? and MORE!

We'll start off this post with some of our quick Father's Day pics from Sunday...before Caleb was stripped down to the "Mom Beater". We had to take these ones pretty quick mostly because we were late to church AND I knew Caleb would probably look like a little ragglemuffin by the end of the day!! Caleb got his dad the movie Pinocchio for Father's Day and I got Adam the latest and greatest new Swiss Army Knife...I tried to be creative but for some reason couldn't come up with anything so I finally got Ad to tell me what he really wanted and FINALLY he told me last Thursday! So he still doesn't have his present because I had to order it! I know he's excited for it because he asks me everyday if it's here yet!!!!! We had a great day, grilled some steaks, watched Pinocchio and spent some quality time together as a family!! I even made Adam a Strawberry Rhubarb Tart, which turned out Excellent if I do say so myself!


Honestly, I don't know why Caleb is crying here...I guess it was all the pressure to take a cute picture with his Dad!!


Third try is almost a charm!!

TODAY:

Today has just been a lazy day for Caleb and myself...we stayed at home and just played! As we were eating lunch together, I was munching on an apple and Caleb decided that he wanted to try it out for himself. The result is the video below...he seriously would just sit and look at me with that apple in his mouth and make the sweetest face!!! Of course I LOVED every minute of it and am glad that I have the summer to catch up on moments like these!





After lunch, Caleb and I decided to take a dip in the pool...no I don't have pics from the pool (We were the only ones there and Caleb can't swim) SO I just have this before in his swim garb!! It's a big change from the tight belly shirt we had him in last year!
I don't know how Caleb felf about the whole swim experience...we floated around and he just kind of went with the flow! He didn't act like he was too excited yet he wasn't crying so we'll have to keep taking him to get used to the swim idea! Good thing the water was warm...It felt GOOD on this 105 degree day!


Caleb can't talk yet, but he sure can climb!! This is just a result of his shennanigans... he will try to climb on everything! His bed in his room is his favorite place to climb so far!!! He totally posed for this picture... LOVE IT!!!!

0 comments: