Thursday, June 18, 2009

Patty Cake

We have had quite the busy week with taking Caleb to many doctor's appointments! First things first, on Tuesday we went back to the Opthamologist and he said that his eye looked GREAT! He wanted to pull off the Steri Strips and I gave him the go ahead! We had to hold Caleb down but when all was said and done Caleb's eye looked better than it did with the strips! The bruising is going away nicely...just a little bit under his eye and you can't tell where the incision was up on his eye!
We went in for his 15 month wellness appointment today and for some reason Caleb is completely scared of doctors now...can you guess why?!? He weighed in at 28 pounds and is 34 inches long. He is still off the charts for his height, and has gone down to the 90th percentile for his weight. Then came the shots...of course that wasn't a happy experience but we lived through it! Caleb actually took off his band aids on his own...WOW!!! It's been rough, but our brave boy got through it!!!

We have been enjoying our time together this summer and Caleb is running the BEST routine EVER!!! He still takes two naps a day which gives me time to work out and get ready in the morning and read in the afternoon. This is really sad but I've already read two books in one week! In between we make a mess of the house with all of Caleb's toys, run errands, have lunch with dad, read books, watch some Elmo and play some more! Caleb is going to go and play with his friends on Monday while I go to the eye doctor and then we're going to start going to the pool (We had to wait 2 weeks because of the surgery)! It has been VERY HOT down here in Texas getting up to about 98 degrees but feeling like 104 degrees, so we stay indoors and stay hydrated most of the time. I feel bad that I can't take him to the park to play during the afternoon but it's better to be safe than sorry! I have had to get used to being at home all day every day with Caleb and I'm getting the hang of it! I'm so used to working and being on my feet all day, it really does take some getting used to! I am enjoying every minute I get to spend with my boy and wish that Ad could be home from his research to play too!!! That's what our weekends are for!! Adam gets to take on a lot of the Caleb responsibilities and I know he has fun taking care of his boy! We hope you enjoy the few pics of our little man...


Look mom no bottle...for now...HA HA HA!


The eye looks a lot better if I do say so myself!


I know I complain about Caleb's brick feet all of the time, but I still love them!!


This picture is mid patty cake...


We're throwing it in the oven here!


Here is Caleb playing patty cake...we are working on rolling and marking with a C, but he has the clapping down GREAT!

2 comments:

Kelley Gubler said...

geez, j your boy is huge! or maybe my kids are just abnormally small...caiden will be 6 in nov. and he is only 40 inches! oh my poor boy! and paige just turned 3 and is only 25 pounds! the dr said she is a little "petite". ya think? but she is in the 50th percentile for height (caiden only the 3rd) which we seriously got excited about! we just might have someone of average height in our family!

kim west said...

oh, that eye looks better! I can't believe how hot it is down there. I am still wearing long sleeves! IT'S NOT FAIR! and I am looking for new books to read..let me know when you read one you love...nothing too smart. If Adam likes it--it is over my head!