Monday, February 25, 2008

Katy Texas Rodeo...YEE HAW!!

This past weekend we got to go to the rodeo with our good friends the Hills. It was so much fun to go to a real Texas Rodeo. The Houston Rodeo is coming this weekend, and we decided that we liked the Katy Rodeo better because it still had all of the events and was smaller...PLUS we got to eat some goooooood Texas BBQ!! My favorite events were the mutton bustin, bronco riding and the bull riding. There were actually a few cowboys that really got hurt from the bull riding and that was pretty scary, but it was fun to watch!! AND of course right when we were trying to get some good pics, out battery died on the camera, so here are the few pictures that we did get!

Here are the cowgirls that got the rodeo started. I loved their horses!!



Cowboys ridin the broncos...yee haw!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We just moved here from Oregon and were looking forward to our first Texas rodeo! My husband ended up taking our older kids while I stayed home with baby (wasn't sure how he was going to respond to it!), and they had a great time! I had to have my husband explain what "mutton busting" was to me. :)

I found your blog after trying to search on some follow-up news on the hurt bull riders. My kids were all very concerned. I'll keep searching, but just wanted to stop and say "hey" and wish you luck on these final weeks of your pregnancy!