Thursday, February 7, 2008

MARDI GRAS!!


Of course it is the Mardi Gras season down here in the south, and one of my kiddos at school is from New Orleans. His family moved to Houston when his house was destroyed during Hurricane Katrina. On Tuesday (Fat Tuesday) he brought in something called a King Cake. They come in all different flavors and ours was like a giant cinnamon roll. It was so good y'all. Anyway, as tradition goes, there is a little baby baked inside of the King Cake and if you get it in your slice then you are supposed to host the King Cake Mardi Gras Party for the next year!! My kiddo had gotten it last year so hosted the party in our class this year!! It was so much fun...I told the kiddos that we would have to have a reunion next year so that the gal that got the baby in her slice could host a party for us...they thought that was pretty neat! Then they asked if I was serious, and of course, I WAS!! But if not, I think it would be a good tradition to start in my own family!! And maybe we might even get to experience going to the real Mardi Gras one of these years!! I'll try and score y'all some beads!!!! HA HAAAAAAAAA!

King Cake...YUMMERS!!

2 comments:

Bailey said...

Oh, I have had Kings cake when I was in New Orleans this past year for a training. It was so good, and I scored the baby in my slice. Of course I had not heard the tradition yet and was completely freaked out. So fun!

- said...

Hey J- cause what- I was lookin on the old BYU-I website annd I was looking on the alumi section and I looked up Amber just to see if it said anything about where she was and she lives in the same town as me! WHAT! isn't that insane! thought you might appreciate that. those little baby clothes are adorable! your making me baby hungry! I want to know what your gonna name it!