Wednesday, February 27, 2008

38 Week Visit...13 days to go!!




Here are some pics of baby from my ultrasound today. (If you can't tell, this is his face!) He measured at 9 POUNDS!! I really can't believe that he may be that big!! Anyway, when I talked with the doctor she seemed to also think that he might be because she was talking to me about possibly having to do a C-Section. She said that there is a chance that if I have him naturally that his shoulders wouldn't fit and if they had to bend or move them to get him out, that one of his arms could be paralyzed. So, next week I go back again for another ultrasound and if he's any bigger, then we'll probably just have to plan for the C-Section. I honestly don't want one, but whatever is safest for the baby I'll do. Plus, I'm still only dialated to a 2, so he's being pretty stubborn!!! Already we're going to have a trouble maker!! The pictures aren't the best because they're not that cool 4D that they're doing now, but he still looks pretty cute, and squished to me!!! Poor munchkin...is running out of room!! We've started a countdown in my class...if he comes on March 11th, then we have 13 days from today, but I'm thinking he won't last that long. He might be heading out next weekend if we have to go with the C-Section! Anyway, we'll just have to see!! Keep us in your prayers that all will be well and that I'm not giving birth to a giant!!

4 comments:

Bailey said...

Wow your doctor was really trying to scare you I was over 9 lbs. when I was born and my mom did not have to have a c section. Better safe then sorry I guess. Good Luck, we are getting so excited!

- said...

I know nobody wants a c-section but I think it releaves alot of the pressure cause you know exactly when hes coming and you dont have to worry about your water breaking while your at the store or something. Im excited for you and can't wait to see real pictures of him! and most importantly I want to know his name!

Jared and Heidi Colson said...

C-Sections are awesome!! (We'll see if I am still singing their praises after this next one...) We know everything will work out just splendidly. So, I don't think I have ever seen an ultrasound picture when the baby is 38 weeks..he looks so miserable! It makes me feel bad for the little babies. Here we are complaining that we are uncofortable, but look at him! Call me sometime, soon!!!

kate said...

YAY!! I'm so glad to see you started a blog :)

Oh my word... I can't believe you are down to days. Baby boy will be here before we know it! How exciting guys!

Hope all goes well and that you don't really have to have a c-section. :( But, just get that baby here safely. I can't wait to see him!
Hope you are feeling okay Jenna!! Much love, kate.